Saferworld's annual review 2021–22
2021–22 was another tumultuous year, where the global challenges we face – including growing insecurity and conflict – remained as poignant as ever.
Our 2021–22 annual review highlights the determination of our partners and our commitments to continue playing a part in making their efforts even more resilient and effective.
Highlights from our 2021–22 annual review – which covers the first year of our 2021–31 strategy – include:
- supporting women’s rights organisations in Yemen, South Sudan and Nigeria to enjoy greater financial and operational sustainability through the provision of flexible core grants
- the resolution of community conflicts related to natural resource tensions that were exacerbated by climate change in Yemen, Uganda and South Sudan
- moving from gender-sensitive practice to gender-transformative programming, research and advocacy, in recognition of the links between conflict, violence and gender inequality
- successfully advocating for the revised UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy to incorporate vital safeguards on civic space, human rights and gender
- playing a leading role in helping to deliver consistent and coherent civil society engagement in the formal Arms Trade Treaty process
- piloting different ways of working to support a wider spectrum of groups, networks and organisations, as part of our commitment to equitable partnerships
Download Saferworld's annual review 2021–22.
Explore our annual review online.
Download our 2021–31 strategy.